Detailed Messaging Features
Some more information on our messaging features.
- Support for both person-to-person and group chats.
- Send and receive messages with time stamps.
- Edit and delete messages.
- Typing indicators.
- Broadcast messages to multiple users
- List and delete chats.
- Manage users and admin rights in a group chat.
- Group name, avatar and description.
- Notification when people join or leave a chat.
- Integration with push notifications from APNS and FCM to wake your app up from background.
- Badge counters to keep track of your unread messages.
- Send any type of attachment including audio, photos, video, contacts or your location.
- Support for various regular file types like pdf, word, excel and many more file formats.
- Flexible storage options that can integrate with storage servers like iCloud, Google drive and AWS S3.
- Shows when a user was last active in a chat.
- Adds user avatars to each chat.
Full tracking including timestamps when a message has been sent, delivered and read including individual receipts in group chats.
- All chats and messages are synced in real time on all your devices.
- Secure chats let you set expiration time on a message
- With a schedule chat you can set delivery time of individual messages.
- System messages and custom fields in a message lets you send messages that can contain extra information that is not visible in your UI.
- Either store your chat history on our servers or make individual backups to iCloud, Google drive or your own storage.
- All chats are encrypted with AES256, we support various methods for key management from fixed keys to full peer-to-peer encryption.
- Transports to our servers are protected with TLS.
- We have a full set of rest API’s to send and receive messages. Create and manage group chats.